Our readership encompasses 1,000+ Kalamazoo College students, staff, faculty, and visitors. The Index is a free publication printed weekly as a resource for students and faculty with topics including college, local, national, and international events.
Contact: Delaney Fordell and Elyse Tuennerman (Co Editors-in-Chief)
– Pricing and Print Dimensions –
‣ Each page of our print edition is 6 columns wide.
‣ Each column is 1.5694 inches wide (with a 0.1667 inch gutter between each column), and one column inch is 1 inch x 3.66 inches.
‣ Full Page – 10.25 inches x 20.2566 inches
– Color: $100
– Black and White: $80
‣ Half Page – 10.25 inches x 10.0417 inches
– Color: $50
– Black and White: $40
‣ Quarter Page – 5.0417 inches x 10.0482 inches (vertical) or 10.25 inches x 5.0142 inches (horizontal)
– Color: $25
– Black and White: $20
‣ Eighth Page – 5.0247 inches x 4.9824 inches
– Color: $12.50
– Black and White: $10
– Package Deals –
‣ Long Term Package Deal (9 issues) • 15% off
‣ Year Long Package Deal (27 issues) • 20% off
– FAQs –
1. If I get a Package Deal for multiple issues, will my advertisements be moved around to different sections in the paper?
There is a chance that your advertisements will be moved around sections to accommodate for different sized articles each week.Your ad will never be changed in size, unless requested otherwise.
2. How do we send in our advertisements?
You can send your ad to firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF, PNG, and JPEG formats.
3. What if my business doesn’t have a pre-designed newspaper ad?
Upon special request and with a submission of required documents, an ad can be created for you to be sent for approval before publication. Please allow at least a week for these type of submissions.
Terms and Conditions
All advertising submitted is subject to the approval of the Executive Board. The Executive Board reserves the right to refuse any advertising content that does not meet with the newspaper’s standards. Unless otherwise authorized in advance, no change will be made without the consent of the Advertiser or Agency.
The Advertiser and/or Agency agree to defend and indemnify The Index against any and all liability, loss, or expense arising from claims of libel, unfair competition, unfair trade practice, infringement of trademarks, trade names or patents, violations of rights privacy and infringement of copyrights and proprietary rights resulting from the advertisement’s publication.
The Index shall not be liable for slight changes or typographical errors that do not decrease the value of an advertisement. Nor will The Index be liable for any other errors appearing in the advertisement unless corrected copy is received before the copy deadline with corrections clearly noted thereon. Liability, where there is any, is limited to the cost of the ad in question.
Advertisers and Agencies forwarding orders to The Index that contain incorrect rates or conditions are hereby advised that the advertising called for will be inserted and charged at the regular rate, schedule and conditions in force at the time published.